14 October 2009

Gelato and Food

So this is for Uncle Kenny, and anyone else who is interested. Since I was sick I did not get to eat a big Roman meal, but I thought I should document for all the various types of gelato consumed by yours truly ;) Stars indicate the best of the best!

Gelato I tried: 
Pistachio, Hazelnut, Rum Raisin, *Mama Mia (a delicious custard like base with chunks of cookie throughout and some fudge swirl stuff!), Stracciatella (chocolate chip), Tiramisu, ***Berry Yogurt, **Kiwi, Mixed Berry, Melon (cantaloupe?), and Chocolate.

Whoever told me that pizza was an American spin on Italian food was a liar, pizza is way better in Italy. We tried the following:
Prosciutto, Margherita, **A pizza with ham, mushrooms, eggplant, and onions which had AMAZING red sauce, Spinach and Feta White Pizza, *"Caprese Salad Pizza" with basil, tomatoes, white sauce, mozzarella, and big globs of cold buffalo mozzarella on top, Eggplant and zucchini veggie pizza, and some really delicious ***4 cheese white pizza. 

No comments:

Post a Comment